Does today’s selfie culture mean we are too obsessed with our appearance? Based on history, the answer is no! Humans have always wanted to look their best and enhance their appearances. Cosmetologists are part of a noble and valued occupation.
The Egyptians were the first to create what we think of today as cosmetics and perfumes, and ground minerals into powder to decorate their faces, including kohl for eyeliner, malachite for green eyeshadow, and henna and red ochre for their cheeks, lips, fingertips, and even toes!
The use of make-up expanded to other societies, but by the time of the Roman Empire and the Middle Ages, cosmetics were frowned upon, mostly because the Christian Holy Bible taught that cosmetics were sinful.
Throughout the rest of the world, native peoples in the Americas and Africa used body and face paint, but by the 19th century, cosmetic use was considered vulgar. But theatrical cosmetics continued and became popular in the twentieth century, especially after the development of film and photography. Theatrical New companies were started by theatrical make-up suppliers, such as Helena Rubenstein and L’Oréal. In the more recent past, musicians such as David Bowie and Lady Gaga have used cosmetics to create characters in their performances, John F. Kennedy’s use of stage make-up in the first televised presidential debate is considered one of the reasons he won the debate, because he looked stronger and healthier than opponent Richard Nixon.
Today, cosmetic use is accepted among a wide variety of people, including men. The twentieth century’s enthusiasm for cosmetics lead to an explosion of cosmetic use and products, and today new companies seem to start every day. That’s why cosmetology will always be a valued career path: human beings have always wanted to be beautiful!
We will keep you updated when we are back open to the public.
(Only open to students)
What Does It Take to Become a Cosmetologist?
Are you the first one of your friends to try a new hairstyle or lipstick shade? Are you always doing someone’s hair color in your head? Do strangers tell you they love your hair, nails, or make-up? Then it’s time to consider cosmetology school!
The good news is that just about anyone can get into a cosmetology school.
Here’s the scoop on cosmetology school requirements what you need to do to get into cosmetology school, and the classes you’ll need to take to become a salon ready Redken cosmetologist:
- A high school diploma or G.E.D: Cosmetology schools require a basic education to get in and you must have either a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Age requirements: Cosmetology schools admit people of all ages and backgrounds. However, the state of Florida requires our students to be 16 years of age. It’s the diplomas or G.E.D.s that future stylists need to have in order to get into cosmetology.
- Basic English skills: All kinds of people enroll in classes, but courses at TSPA are taught in English. The ability to follow along in basic English will help you do well.
- Pass basic classes: To get your certificate or degree, you’ll take fun courses on haircutting and styling, skin care, make-up application, and more.
- A passion for the job: If you love to style your friends and help others discover their own beauty, you’ll love your cosmetology courses!
With cosmetology programs available near you and online, you can get started on your new career today! Contact Erica in admissions. Get started now, book a live or virtual tour. Don’t Forget To Ask About The $15,000 Beauty Changes Lives Scholarships That Can Help You Graduate Debt Free!
Wish we could be on campus with our ARTIST’s but instead, we’re bringing campus to you! 🏫➡️💻.
The Salon Professional Academy (TSPA) just launched temporary distance-learning or temporary online learning for our cosmetology and esthetics programs. Just like it is for you, it is new to us as well. We are all a little stressed and adapting to our new world as quickly as possible. To make your transition into the beauty world smooth, here are our top 3 tips to help you launch your online classes –
Tips For Online Learning:
- Manage your time. Set up a view of your daily & weekly schedule by first mapping out a calendar of all of the assignment and activity due dates along with work and family commitments. It’s okay to be selfish, block off time each week to get classwork done. Online classes tend to have a weekly flow and include discussion boards that require student participation. Plan to be a part of the conversation.
- Be a good participant. Good discussions are thoughtful, your best resources to help you bring good discussion starters can be from peer conversations, headlines, lecture and course materials. Great responses go beyond agreeing with your peers. Build on the discussion with your own ideas and experiences.
- Build your social community. Share contact information with your peers to connect on homework assignments and for social support. Be a part of TSPA’s Facebook pages for enrolled students to get the best information fast and easy access to peer conversations on campus and homework topics. Your campus is here to support you every step of the way. Online students benefit from the same support as on-campus students, including help with financial aid to questions about technique.
Be kind to yourself. We are all in uncharted territory right now but we all have each other’s support even if it’s temporarily from a distance right now.
Whether you’re interested in attending TSPA or just missing home, take a virtual tour with us! 🎥. Erica in admissions is just a call (561-501-0041) or email away from your future.
A Cosmetology Degree is Your Path to a Better Future!
According to Forbes, America needs trade school graduates now. A career in the beauty industry could be your ticket to financial security!
The beauty industry is worth $523 billion dollars. The average American woman even spends nearly a quarter of a million dollars on hair and make-up in her lifetime!
That’s why the job outlook for cosmetologists, barbers, hairstylists, and make-up artists is better than any other field right now. The need is so great that you can start working and earning as soon as you complete a short trade school certificate in cosmetology!
How can you cash in on this trend?
- Investigate the different skills you can develop. You can become a hairstylist, make-up artist, skincare specialist, and more.
- Search for trade schools in your area or online to see what’s available.
- Talk to admissions counselors to find out what program is right for you.
- Enroll in a program at a trade or cosmetology school. Programs are short and affordable, and available in all areas of cosmetology.
An affordable trade school certificate can put you on the road to work in no time. If you want a career path with a stable financial future, consider enrolling in a cosmetology program! Start School From Your Home – Online learning has begun. Book your virtual tour with Erica : 561-501-0041
TSPA Melbourne Offers Full & Partial Scholarships For All Cosmetology Students – Melbourne.
You don’t have to dream about cosmetology anymore, you can live it! The Salon Professional Academy knows how hard it is to fund your education and that is why we are an incredible resource for you to learn more about all of the full or partial cosmetology scholarships and grants available to you now.
We are proud to offer several scholarships for our cosmetology students to assist you in following your dreams of becoming a trend creating cosmetologist, hairstylist or hair designer. Here are just a few of the scholarships available for you today:
- TSPA Cosmetology Scholarships: You could qualify for any one of TSPA cosmetology scholarships:
- $1000 Cosmetology Tuition Scholarship: All you need to qualify is A Referral Letter describing why the salon service provider or owner recommends you for enrollment to The Salon Professional Academy and we will walk you thru the rest of the process.
- $2000 Cosmetology Tuition Scholarship: Up to 2, $1000 Tuition Scholarships may be awarded per class start date.
- $5000 Cosmetology Tuition Scholarship: Up to 1, $5000 Tuition Scholarship may be awarded per class start date.
- $1000 Salon Referral Tuition Scholarship: Know someone attending TPSA? We offer an in-house scholarship to new students when you a referred here by a current or previous TSPA student. Learn more by contacting our admissions person.
- Vidal Sassoon Scholarship: Competition rounds are each Spring and Fall. During each competition, Vidal Sassoon awards ten winners with 50% of their program tuition costs covered at a qualifying cosmetology school (up to $10,000).
- Redken Scholarships: Redken Scholarships for cosmetology students are ONLY exclusive to world-renowned Redken / TSPA beauty academies.
- 25 applicants will be awarded $800 and
- 25 applicants will be awarded $600. Don’t miss out on your chance from receiving a Redken scholarship this year.
Other scholarships include: (list not limited to)
- GI Bill and Post 911 GI Bill We work with local VA Reps and we can help you make the right connection.
- MyCAA – Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program can provide up to $4,000
Did you know that there is greater financial opportunity for cosmetology grants and scholarships during fall semesters?
Fall scholarship and grant money is typically more fruitful for cosmetology students, at the end of the year, due to residual or excess funding left over from monies that was not allocated during the first 6 calendar months. Don’t confuse this for holding out for the last minute, you could miss out on multiple opportunities for a cosmetology grant or scholarship. Keep in mind, qualification periods vary per organization.
Let us help guide you thru deadlines and the application process – we make it easy for you! So don’t miss out on your opportunity, call (321) 951-0595 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we would love to coordinate schedules to answer all your questions about financing your education. Remember, our scholarships reach more than just our cosmetology students they are also scholarships for esthetics and nail technician students.
Follow your dream of becoming a cosmetologist today by connecting with our admissions or financial aid persons today – start living your dream.
Call (321) 951-0595 today! Don’t put it off any longer…we help you receive the financial support you need!